D20 modern rules will be used, with the following modifications:
The following (SRD) rules apply to Armor Proficiency (all levels):
- Benefit: When a character wears a type of armor with which he or she is proficient, the character gets to add the armor’s equipment bonus to his or her Defense. Also, the armor check penalty applies only to Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, Stealth, and Tumble checks.
- Normal: A character who wears armor with which he or she is not proficient adds only the armor’s nonproficient equipment bonus to his or her Defense. Also, he or she suffers its armor check penalty on attack rolls and on all skill checks that involve moving.
- Starting PC’s will be 7th level characters, 6 levels for prior history and 1 level for Eden Project training.
- When determining the initial Skill points for a class, their is no x4 multiplier.
- Max rank for skills is equal to total hit dice of the character.
- The necessary ranks in a skill required for a Feat or Advanced class should be reduced by 3 (to account for the class skill changes in the rules), but will never be less than 1 for a feat or 2 for an advanced class.
- Hide and move silently become stealth (as per pathfinder)
- Spot, listen and search skills will merged into perception (as per pathfinder)
- Perception will be a class skill if a class has any two of spot, listen or search as class skills.
- Action points will be used as written.
- Due to the nature of the game, wealth is not applicable. Wealth gained from an occupation will be halved (minimum of 1) and added to reputation.
- All PC’s receive the bonus initial feat of Multilingual and can speak and read/write 2 languages, based on their country of origin. These languages do not count against a characters total skills.
- The d4 hit point system will be used.